It's Friday!
Happy Friday~
~~~~~~
I finished Soul Music by Terry Pratchett a while ago, and good LORD! It's one of the funniest books I've read yet. Here's the back cover:
"When her dear old Granddad--the Grim Reaper himself--goes missing, Susan takes over the family business. The progency of Death's adopted duaghter and his apprentice, she shows real talent for the trade. That is until a little string in her heart goes "twang".
With a head full of dreams and a pocketful of lint, Imp the Bard lands in Ankh'Morpork, yearning to become a rock star. Determined to devote his life to music, the unlucky fellow soon finds that all his dreams are coming true. Well almost."
... Heh, Terry Pratchett is my inspiration for writing. He's a British author that made his name with the Discworld series, starting with one of my favorites, The Color of Magic. Pratchett is a master of satire, I swear; in Soul Music, the main theme is Music With Rocks In. Rock and roll in a contemporary fantasy setting cracks me up. The wizards want to rebel, rebel against everything, even gravity! The rock and roll music makes you want to paint your room black, buy a guitar, and paste sequins all over your jacket.
You can see how Pratchett's writing influences me.
Anyway, in news you may care about, I tripped up the stairs on my bus today and my ankle /hurts/. X.x
I've realized my purpose on the blog. I'm comic relief, while mom tries to be funny, fails, but gets what's been happening lately across. (( I still love you mom. =3 ))
Farewell for now,
Allison
P.S. I seriously need a life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment