Thursday, November 13, 2008

Catch Up - Our new home


I thought I would take a few minutes and catch everyone up on our lives this last little bit. I believe everyone is aware of our perilous journey within the Garner basement the last 3 years (yes I said 3 years). We have finally emerged from that dungeon, fairly unscathed and have settled into our new home. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to my parents for putting up with us for so long and giving us the time we needed to get our finances in order. Of course I have my sentimental moments when I miss having my mom so close and I miss the puppies almost everyday, but I loooove having a home once again, so much so I hate leaving it some days.

I am completely in love with my kitchen. The house had me the second I saw the kitchen. Gone were the grumblings about the fact that it was a bi-level house. And the fact that it has a nice archway between the kitchen/dining area into the family room with a vaulted ceiling makes it really nice when you company, as it doesn't seem too terribly crowded and I can be apart of the fun even while I'm slaving away on dinner. AND it has a walk in pantry!

We have awesome stamped and stained cement both on the driveway and in the back on the patio with a built in fire pit (which is what sealed the deal on the house as far as Todd was concerned).

The house has 4 finished bedrooms, one of them having a master bath (yay!) and an unfinished family room in the basement, that hopefully we will get to this coming summer. We are in a pretty good neighborhood in Syracuse, with nice views of the sunsets and the mountains from our deck.

Needless to say we are looking forward to our future in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment