Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Katelynn





My baby is 6 today! I can't believe time flies so fast.

Katie had been asking me for a birthday party for her friends for the last year, since Lindsay had hers last year. This year, now that we're in our house, I decided to take the plunge. I had shopped and prepared for a maximum of 12 girls a few weeks ago, because that's the number of girls in Katie's class. On the last day of school before the week long Spring break I sent Katie off to school with invitations for all of the girls in her class with instructions to hand them out before the bell rang as the kids lined up at the door. She returned home with 6 of the 12 invitations. I didn't know what to do because the kids are scattered all over and I of course don't have the phone numbers of all the kids to call each of them individually so I prayed that the ones that did receive invites actually came. For a whole week I was just sick to my stomach hoping that someone would show up for her first birthday. Luckily 3 girls did come and luckily they were the ones Katie most wanted to come to the party. They seemed to have a lot of fun.

Sunday we celebrated Easter as well as Katelynn's birthday with the family and Nils. We enjoyed a yummy ham dinner (even if I do say so myself) and Katie enjoyed opening a few more gifts. If you look closely at the picture of Katie's cake you'll notice a hand print in the cake, no that isn't on purpose. Apparently Allison's Tourette's kicked in and she decided that she had to put her hand in the cake.

On a side note:
In addition to Katie's birthday party on Friday we had an unexpected visitor. I've never been so happy to have an unexpected visitor as I was to have Lilly. Damon called asking if I would be able to take care of Lilly because their regular sitter had sick kids. Of course I jumped at the chance to get some time with my Niece and not have to share LOL. She was such a sweetie and was an angel, thankfully. Later that evening Allison expressed her gratitude that we didn't have anymore kids because she realized how much more attention they require and she didn't want to share my attention with any other kids, nor did she want to have to increase her chore duties. I think it was mostly about the chore duties myself, the other stuff was just added as a distraction from the truth.

1 comment: