Or, more accurately, five days until freak out.
Hello, hello, all one of our followers and all two of our readers. I'm coming here just to say some random stuff to fill out my monthly blog quota.
First week of December, I managed to get through It's a Wonderful Life. It was truly a wonderful play, and I had a wonderful time. A couple of things...
Before I begin, the first night was Friday the 5th, second was Saturday the 6th, and last was Monday the 8th.
1) On the first night, the tree wasn't supposed to be knocked over by one of the kids. Poor boy. =/
2) On the first night, yes, we all agree the door not opening was hilarious, and even the actor admits it was.
3) Whenever it happened, Mary was not supposed to go "Ring-ring!" during the scene at home.
4) On the second night, people went nuts over a simple little word: "Macbeth." Somebody uttered it, and the whole cast went wild over knocking on (fake) wood. Saying Macbeth in theater is considered bad luck, and may cause the onstage actors to die. The lead male and the angel were afraid that the bridge would collapse beneath them and both would die. Also, the first person to have said Macbeth was Harry, who, at the end, forgot a key scene prop: the book. So Mister Potter's Goon just walks on stage, hands Harry the book, walks off.
5) On the second night, I forgot my cue in the funeral scene. *sniffles*
6) Somebody has told me the drunk scene from the last night may be going on Youtube.
7) On the second night, Mr. Welch was supposed to be onstage before the first carol, 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' ended. Somebody informed me there were four carols sung.
8) The drunk scene was my absolute favorite in the entire play.
All-in-all, it was a fun play. I was only on three times, but it was fantastic regardless. =) Grandma has informed me I would be perfect for the role of Ado Annie in the play "Oklahoma!", which is our next play.
After looking up the character, I must agree. Sounds fantastic to me!
~~~
Want to put a Hispanic twist on your holiday? I'm supposed to do one of the below things for Spanish:
1) Make tamales.
2) Go Christmas caroling.
3) Reenact the Nativity for others.
4) Act out/attend a traditional play/story.
5) Break a pinata on Christmas Eve.
6) Prepare a midnight dinner on Christmas Eve.
7) Attend Midnight Mass.
8) Open your gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve. (My absolute favorite)
9) The day after Christmas, give a gift to somebody that's performed a service for me throughout the year.
10) Put 12 grapes in my mouth at each stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, make a wish on each, and don't chew until all are in.
11) Put out shoes and leave water and straw for the three kings' camels on January 5th.
12) Fill somebody's shoes with small gifts on Jan. 5th.
13) Make King's Cake for January 6th.
... Whoever is hosting the Christmas Eve dinner this year, will you please supply the pinata? :D
Till next time,
Allison
PS. Didn't catch the drunk scene from the last night? Look no further! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhqj2_dFpg
Here's the second night's drunk scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drYMvexzjP0&feature=related
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment